DESCRIPTION : PTFE COATED GLASS FABRIC ADHESIVE
PTFE coated glass fabric adhesive is a high temperature resistant fabric made of a fiberglass fabric support impregnated with PTFE (Polytetrafluoroethylene, also know as Teflon from Dupont Nemours brand). This fabric has one side silicone adhesive (silicone polymer). This side is protected by a yellow liner film that is removed before application on any clean support.
- Non-sticky – very smooth – easy to clean
- Temperature resistance from -70°C to +260°C in operating temperature, and +315°C in intermittence
- Self extinguishing
- Excellent dimensional stability
- Temperature and pressure have no noticeable effect and no creep
- Odorless and tasteless. Ability to enter with food products
- Excellent resistance to friction
|Reference||Standard dimensions||Thickness in mm||% PTFE||Weight in g/m²||Fabric sold in sqm or in rolls
of 30 linear meters x required length
|208AP||Max width 1525 mm||0,08||67||135|
|216AP||Max width 1525 mm||0,13||54||255|
|216AAP||Max width 1525 mm||0,15||63||296|
|228AP||Max width 1525 mm||0,25||55||490|
|141AP||Max width 1525 mm||0,35||57||720|
ALTERNATIVE : PTFE COATED GLASS FABRIC ACRYLIC ADHESIVE
PTFE coated glass fabric with acrylic adhesive is easily recognizable with its blue and smooth protection liner. Support and construction of fabric is the same as silicone adhesive one.
Main advantages of acrylic adhesive compared to silicone one are :
- Better adhesion
- Better solvent resistance.
Nota : Operating temperature resistance is much lower than for silicone adhesive (from -40 ° C to + 170 ° C for the acrylic adhesive against -70 ° C + 260 ° C for the silicone adhesive.